Re: [OM] ( OM ) Beljan MD covers & Mailing small stuff from the USA to

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Beljan MD covers & Mailing small stuff from the USA to other countries.
From: John and Julie Ockman <jrockman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 21:42:52 -0400

Jim Couch wrote:

> Legally he is still required to fill out a customs form, even if the item
> will fit
> in a standard letter. Just because you can 'get away' with not doing so, does
> not
> mean you are not required to.

Jim,

Actually, from what I can tell. if it weighs less than 1 lb, and is
worth less than $50.00, no customs forms are required. I have mailed a
few items to Japan, and am getting ready to send one to South Korea, and
all the  USPS quotes I get say that no form is required if it is less
than 1lb.
Check out:<http://ircalc.usps.gov/>
John