Re: [OM] Old Dogs was / archive slide scanning

Subject: Re: [OM] Old Dogs was / archive slide scanning
From: "Ian Manners" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:30:10 +1000 (EST)
Hi Tom

>Tell ya what.
>This weekend, shoot some color print film. Just get the negs developed.
>Find yourself a darkroom to rent.
>No dodging and burning.
>Only fixed development and exposure times -- have to go by the book.
>Oh yeah, no color filters.
>Bet the results wouldn't be that great.

If you know your light, theres no reason they cant be spectacular :-)

There is a very good place for digital manipulation but I do firmly
believe that it is more often than not better to spend the time to get the
photo you want before you press the trigger. I have used ColourWorks
or PMView to adjust the brightness of a scanned photo as I dont have
the means to develop my own prints anymore but 990f the time with
my photos, what you see is what you get, no digital mods. Then again,
you havent seen much of my work.

I've used digital cameras in the past and I'm sure I will again, they have
there place, and I'm likely to endup using one most of the time in the
future, maybe. Taking photos with an OM camera/lens/flash combo, has
its own magic, and in its own right is an artform.

Cheers
Ian Manners