Re: [OM] (OT) Digital vs Analog / archive slide scanning

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Digital vs Analog / archive slide scanning
From: Sue Gregson <sue@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 20:28:42 +0100
I love using my OM cameras, taking pictures with them is great. But I do like digital some of the time - point and shoot with my kids is ideal, they love seeing the images straight away. I've been scanning my grandad's collection - a long time before I get to the end of that. These images are up to 50 years old, some may even be 1930's images. I'm sharing copies of these amongst my family and digital is ideal for this. Formats will change in the future, media for storage will change but if I don't archive these pretty soon they will not be around much longer - many are not in great condition and it's amazing what I have recovered from these deteriorating negs. My grandad managed some nice images with very basic kit, it's nice to be able to enjoy his efforts so long after he's passed away.

Cheers
Sue Gregson