[OM] Re: cleaning old slides [Mike]

Subject: [OM] Re: cleaning old slides [Mike]
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 02:36:30 -0500
Mike,
Barring any good ideas from other list members, I would give the big museums (London type) a phone call and talk to their photo curators. They might have some good remedies. I would try the Imperail War Museum for a start - and maybe the Natural History Museums.

Good luck!
Lee
----Original Message Follows----

"...... Most of these old slides were very dirty but the worst also had what appeared to be some sort of black mould growth. Any suggestions as to the best way to clean this? I used lens cleaning fluid on some of them which was partially effective.

Mike Blayney, Devon (sunny), UK.