Re: [OM] Zuiko 200mm f/4

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 200mm f/4
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 09:09:27 +1200
Hi all,

Tom wrote

>I know how you feel.I recently purchased an 200 f/4 from a
>list member and then the bashing began...Umm? did I make
>the wrong purchase? I paid $120.00 for a mint version?

$120 USD (for a MC version) is a good price as far as I can tell.

I've also been looking hard at this lens length. I noted that the UK journal
SLR Camera gave the Zuiko a low rating in comparison with many other
200's, but I have no idea if it was the SC or the MC version they tested. The
SC version seems not quite up to it.

HOWEVER, if you look at the results Gary Reese got from the MC version
using mirror and aperture prefire PLUS a telephoto lens support (which I have
found to be easy to use), then you can expect to get shots at f/11 capable of
enlargement up to 10 x 12 or so and be very happy with them. He got
performance in his A grade range.

Brian