Re: [OM] Zuiko 200mm f/4

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 200mm f/4
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 11:45:18 +0800
While many Olympus compact cameras claimed a glass aspherical element, this
one does not, I think the lens elements of this camera is plastic. I never
like compact point and shoot AF camera, you never know where it is focusing.

For AF compacts I never please with the Epic, it has very high focusing
error rate and not so good contrast for prints (but it is sharp). The
Yashica T4 is better in this area but has the same focusing problem, my 80
years old father took it to a trip with the T4 and ISO200 film, end up with
700f picture out of focus, all of them focused to the background even the
subject (my mother) was dead center, may be she was a bit small as the AF
target, I think a fixed focus lens even perform better.

C.H.Ling