Re: [OM] Zuiko 200mm f/4

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 200mm f/4
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:06:17 -0700 (PDT)
> As they say  in these here parts " It's the results that
> count, mate, and if
> these haven't given you cause to worry before, then why worry
> now?"

I'm suprised.  Here in the Northern Hemisphere we are in prime
shooting season.  If your 200/4 is a bit weak, then I'd suggest
that you need to take it out and excercise it a bit.

I love the 200/4.  It, and the 100/2.8 have drop-dead georgeous
bokeh.  Granted, it is a bit lacking in wide-open performance,
but drop it down a couple of stops and it is very respectable.

I regularily use it for macro work with around 25mm of
additional extension.  With 50mm of total extension you get 1:4
magnification and lots of working distance.

Oh, and most importantly, the older silver-nosed variety
out-perform the newer MC versions.

AG-<g>-Schnozz