Re: [OM] slide viewer for flatbed scanners

Subject: Re: [OM] slide viewer for flatbed scanners
From: "Richard Allen" <dickallen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:45:40 -0400
Question...Are you able to scan film?
If not, you probably can't scan slides either. The problem is that a slide
scanner has another light or window, besides the light coming from below,
which is located in the lid of the scanner. The gadget which you refer to is
called a "template". This template locates the film negative or slide under
the window/light in the cover. That is the only place you can scan slides or
film on the scanner.
SOOO, if you don't have the window/light....no point in getting the gadget.