Re: [OM] OM Bodies and Lenses FS

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Bodies and Lenses FS
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 13:06:14 -0700
You also may be surprised to hear there are many other OM list
members "over there" discussing their Leicas and Voigtlanders...

George S.

I went in the other direction.  My first camera was a Pen F which I
quickly sold to a fellow GI and my first real camera was an M3.  The
purchase involved lots of illegal haggling between my German 3G
toting friend who ran  the EM photolab and a friend of his who ran a
shop in Baumholder. After years of use and  lots of experimentation
later with cumbersome Visoflex attachments everything was stolen.
Much as I loved the Leica I could not afford to replace it then and I
really wanted an SLR at that point. After an initial mistake with a
Canon F1 I settled on the OM4T which I thought embodied the compact,
rugged, simple philosophy of my M3 much better than a Leicaflex. And
what is with that R8 big bertha? The M7 is sweet though.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?