Re: [OM] OM Bodies and Lenses FS

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Bodies and Lenses FS
From: "William Latham" <artsword@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:06:26 -0700
Hello George

Not to push this thread off topic too far, but I'm interested in your
decision to go to Leicas over the OMs.  I did the same drill before choosing
OM and went the other path.  The push came from the inability of rf to do
macro, long teles, wides w/o a separate finder and of course $$$.  Also, the
vf image just wasn't as good for focusing IMO in the rf.  Are you planning
to cover the above with the SLR autofocus, if so what focal lengths will the
Leica cover?  It's not just an idle thought as my local camera shop owner
collects swords and guns (areas where I have some expertise) and will trade
Leica equipment for them, so I'm interested in your thoughts.

Thanks in advance
Bill Latham