Re: [OM] focusing screen questions

Subject: Re: [OM] focusing screen questions
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 16:35:42 -0700
The Oly 1-7 screen does the same thing for supertele. A Beattie matte screen or the matte area of a 2-13 (and 2-4, I guess) works ok for 1000/11 in good light, but the 1-7 is a relevation in clarity and brightness. Focusing with the central microprism is at least as easy as using a matte screen.

Moose

Winsor Crosby wrote:

When I first changed to the 1-11 screen at more than
1:1 resolution, it was a really WOW! effect.
Especailly because the viewfinder image was bright
over the whole field, a lot better than 2-13 screen!
O.k. you need to practise the areal-focusing principe
as descibed from others, but for bellows work I´d really
recomend the 1-11 sceen. (I can`t comment about the
 other  macro screens ;-|)

Frieder Faig

A clear screen is really amazing to look through. The first Leicaflex came standard with one with a microprism circle in the middle. I also looked through a used Nikon FM once where the screen had been changed out to clear with spit image/microprism donut in the middle. If I did not occasionally find situations when only the ground glass on the side will do, it would be a real temptation.