Re: [OM] focusing screen questions

Subject: Re: [OM] focusing screen questions
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 00:27:28 +0200
On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 08:36:09AM -0700, Marten Beels wrote:
> Hello all,
> Having recently acquired an autobellows, I'm finding
> that the standard 1-13 focusing screen gets difficult
> to use with a really dim image.

For working with the bellows the 1-11 screen is really
a wonder screen IMHO. General screens are designed
for infinity work. The viewfinder image on the mate area
is getting dim and coarse, especially in the corners.
It is like lockong through a tunnel. The same with the
2-13 screen

When I first changed to the 1-11 screen at more than
1:1 resolution, it was a really WOW! effect.
Especailly because the viewfinder image was bright
over the whole field, a lot better than 2-13 screen!
O.k. you need to practise the areal-focusing principe
as descibed from others, but for bellows work I´d really
recomend the 1-11 sceen. (I can`t comment about the
 other  macro screens ;-|)

Frieder Faig