Re: [OM] Storage

Subject: Re: [OM] Storage
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 16:59:26 -0700
I only have 50mms 1.4, 1.8 and 3.5 and don't want any of the others unless the prices come way down. Of course, I have about 15 total, 'cause they come as 'body caps' on a lot of bodies. If they really started numbering the 1.4s at 100,000, it seems I have one of the first 1,800 made. I think I'll keep that to go with my original OM-1, a pre MD chrome one.

I guess I need to get organized and have a sale, but I need to clean up and grade/value them. All 3 of the 1.8 MCs are (or were) awash in oil inside, 2 with slow diaphrams and one where the oil didn't get there yet. The Bay listing of an OM-20 that somebody just mentioned has a slow miJ 1.8. Did Oly make some terrible error in their choice of one of the lubricants in all these lenses? Now I'm afraid I have to open up all 3 miJs and check them too. One is fun, a bunch of cleanings sounds way too much like work.

Moose

AG Schnozz wrote:

Me thinks that some of you have WAY too much equipment.  Shame
on you for taking so much good stuff out of circulation.  You
really need all of that equipment?  Five varieties of 50mm
lenses is too much.  You don't need them in 1.2, 1.4, 1.8, 2.0
and 3.5. Pick one or two and get rid of the rest.

Rule #1:  If you haven't used it more than twice in the past
year, get rid of it.

Rule #2:  Send your excess my way for "in-use storage".