Re: [OM] Storage

Subject: Re: [OM] Storage
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 07:59:14 EDT
In a message dated 6/6/2002 1:26:36 AM Central Standard Time,
Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> How does everyone store their gear (when they're not using it) and
> still have reasonable access to it?

I heard an unconfirmed rumor that one of our members had rented one of those
12' X 16' self storage units that was climate and humidity control. The
humidity control being particularly important in Florida, don't you know.

Now what I do wouldn't work for everyone, however it might create some
interesting thoughts for some.  When the last child left home and we had an
"empty nest" I took over one of the extra bedrooms.  One of the closets had
shelves from floor to ceiling (linen closet) and I stashed most of my stuff
there.  I recently moved an antique lady's lingerie cabinet like you use to
see in an dry goods store into my room and plan to use it for storage for my
camera gear.  It has 16 drawers which are 15" X 15" and 5" tall and each one
has a glass front on it, so I can see inside.  There are four larger drawers
at the bottom that are not glass front where I can store other stuff like
cases.  The really great part is that I will now have an empty closet which
can be filled up with stuff.  I wonder what one the rent is on one of those
climate controlled storage units. Bill Barber