[OM] OM-2 Shutter Rebuild / Repair Question and a fang

Subject: [OM] OM-2 Shutter Rebuild / Repair Question and a fang
From: acmeracer@xxxxxxxxx (Larry Lype)
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 19:25:00 -0400 (EDT)
  Hello Everyone
I have the chance to get (for almost nothing) a black OM-2 with a
shutter (?)  problem. I have been told (I have not seen the camera yet)
that the shutter fires and the film advances, but something is off. Is
the shutter repairable / replaceable?  I also purchased a chrome OM-1,
ser # 1469XXX w/ a G.Zuiko 1:3.5mm, ser # 447XXX lens at an estate sale
today for $15.00 US. The family said that the meter did not work. I
looked and the camera had no battery in it. I bought it, and when I got
home, put a battery in it and, wonder of wonders, the meter works, but
its off somewhat. The same family also has the OM-2. I will get a chance
to try it out tomorrow (Sat) night at the sprint car races that I shoot
for the TBARA Winged Sprint Series. With this latest adoption, this
makes 14 OM bodies in the fleet. On a final note, in a previous post
about camera bags and choice of bags and cars to transport said bags
with, for "small, light outings" we use a '85 Chevy Hi Top Conversion
van, For race outings, we use out "vintage" 1973 Winnebago 18 foot class
A motorhime to haul out gear and have a cool place to keep both sets
(the OM's and our own) of bodies here in sunny (?) hot Florida. Please
feel free to reply either via list or my email. Thanks!

Best Regards
Larry Lype
( still working on his "12 stop" program, albeit not very hard......)

Somedays it just dont pay to chew through the leather
restraints..............