[OM] New to List/Shift Lenses

Subject: [OM] New to List/Shift Lenses
From: Colin Kaminski <colinsk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 10:20:36 -0700
Hello,

I am new to this list. I recently purchased a OM-1 (about 6 months ago). I
used to use one in high school but then drifted away from photography. I am
now using it for holographically stored stereograms.

My requirements are a series of shots with the camera moving down a rail
with the film plane staying in a plane for all exposures. So my subject
moves across the film plane in successive exposures. I then realign the
shots and store them as strips on a holographic plate. Each eye can only see
one photo at a time and it creates a stereo 3-D effect on the horizontal
axis.

In order to use more of my film plane and correct for off axis aberrations I
would like to use a shift lens. I am not sure how to phrase my questions.
Does the 35mm shift lens have an image size like a prime focus 35mm lens? I
am not quite sure how the larger image circle effects things. Can I use it
for portraits? Are there any after market shift lenses? Are there any longer
shift lenses? Has anyone made a shift mount? I have been pretty happy with
my 50/1.8 from a image size standpoint. I don't have to use up too much of
my small studio to use it. I have lots of light so I can really use any
f-stop.

Thank you,

Colin Kaminski