Re: [OM] ( OM ) What we photograph - some thoughts.

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) What we photograph - some thoughts.
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 23:26:59 +0200
Brian,

Brian Swale wrote [a remarkable and rather philosophical posting IMHO]:

I've just had what was for me a gruelling few days. A few days ago a pet rabbit died in my arms after a long illness. And I was shattered.

"A rabbit?", you're thinking.  Yes, just a rather stupid...

I know you don't mean that as an insult, and I want to second that with some thoughts I heared somewhere not long ago: animals have instincts to survive, and they use them mostly just to survive. How about human beings? Often the world *human is used with pride or as a synonym to a *superior being (*not stupid)...But it's still some way to go until our ability for abstract thinking (which actually at least one of my cats is clearly able to do to some extent) will lead us to intelligent living....

just my 2 €cents
cheers
:Doro