Re: [OM] First Attempt at Concert Photography

Subject: Re: [OM] First Attempt at Concert Photography
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 13:25:42 -0700
Overexpose? I understand using spotmetering on the artist's face. If I'm then using an averaging meter where the artist will generally be more brightly lit than the background, wouldn't I want to 'underexpose' the overall scene to approximate correct exposere of the bright object? With an OM-2 on auto, it could even make a difference whether it has the old or new shutter curtain pattern. This seems like the ideal situation for the ESP metering on the OM-PC to shine.

It's hard to tell from the posted images, but it looks posssible that John's shots are overexposed, at least teh highlights look blown-out on my screen.

Moose

Mike Cormier wrote:

If using a 4T, spot meter the artist's face. If using an OM-2(n), just overexpose about 1 f-stop.