[OM] Did I get burned on the evil one?

Subject: [OM] Did I get burned on the evil one?
From: "Grigorov, Boris" <BGrigorov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 09:11:44 -0400
Dear fellow Limpus Lust (do not remember who came up with that..)
subscribers,
What do you think to the response of an evilbay seller when I pointed out
that the lens' blades are oily?

-------------------
Oil on blades needs to be cleaned. It does there during temperature changes
and shaking during transport, although I try prevent is as far I can not
always with success. I am very sorry for the problem but but it is not
possible do anything more than I did against it.

In principe it is 10 minutes of work. It needs to be unscrewed front and
back glass and than with cotton tip moistened in diethylaether (they can be
used another liquids but any works that well as diethylaether, by us it is
possible to get in in every large drug store) degreased. The only problem is
spanner tool with them you can uscrew the back glass. But even if you will
unscrew the front glass only (best for it is rubber stopper of good
dimensions and need to be unscrewed both black rings at once, that will go
out whole front part of lens, often it is possibly do only with fingers)
with some patience you will ge able step by step remove whole oil from
blades.
Camera was CLA. The stops are ok, on Yashica TLRs the stops do not click
(only click the shutter speeds), this is normal.

I can do it here easily but do not want try it yourself? Here this type of
cleaning are routinely doing many photographers, it is not any problem.
Let me know what do you prefer to do .
-----------------------

Here is the whole story:
I recently decided to add in addition to my OM1 MD and OM PC a cheap medium
format TLR.  To his credit, when the camera arrived, there wasn't any oil on
the blades and now only the edge of one blade is oily (but getting bigger).
How bad is this?
I have the same issue with my two Zuiko 50/1.8:
When you set the focus ring to the infinity, the image in the viewfinder is
not exactly the sharpest, if I back just a little ( 1 mm the most) the
infinity is fully focused.  Has never been a problem for me, but should I be
conserned? The f stops do not click, can anyone confirm that?  The camera is
Yashica D with the Tessar copy lens (Yashinon).
I do not know what his definition for CLA is, but the camera came a little
dusty.  He seems to have a good reputation on evilbay, but is this an
exception? What do you think, how bad is it?  What would the appropriate
answer should be?
If curious, here is the link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1349600290

Thank you very much

Boris N. Grigorov
Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation