RE: [OM] [OT] Where should I weekend.

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] Where should I weekend.
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 22:21:05 +0100
<snip>

SOMEWHERE = Cambridge (if you wish to stay in the UK), or perhaps Edinburgh

 - or -

SOMEWHERE = Bordeaux (if you wish to go to France for a couple of days),
Nice

</snip>

Oooh, yes !  I'd forgotten about Scotland !!  (Heresy, I hear you say !!)
It's only a short hop by plane from London, and Edinburgh is really
beautiful.  If you can get away from the city, head across to the west coast
and the highlands - it is stunning.  Only thing is you'll want way more than
2 days.  A week and a hire car is more like it.  Try it.  You'll be hooked,
and you'll be back within a year with the family, I bet !!

OK, here endeth my work for the Scottish Tourist Board !!!  I am only half
scottish, so not completely biased.  And just to prove it, I would also
heartily recommend Southern Ireland (Eire to those who prefer it that way).
It is another truly beautiful place and the people are just fantastic.

I suppose, however, that my main advise would be that you can't possibly
take in the beauty and splendour of any of these places in 2 days.  Stick to
a city, rather than a region, if you are to stand any hope.  Or you could
treat it as a bit of a "reccie" to suss out what the family would like best
!!

Or, of course, just stay in London and take lots of piccies with all of us
here !!

Have a good trip anyway,

Jon