Re: [OM] [OT] Where should I weekend.

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Where should I weekend.
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 15:19:27 -0600
At 04:45 PM 5/21/2002 -0400, Tom Scales wrote:
>OK, here's the deal.  I have the following schedule.
>
>Leave Orlando on June 4th for London.
>45/6/7 in London
>
>Leave London Friday night the 7th for SOMEWHERE.
>Leave SOMEWHERE Sunday evening the 9th to fly to Poona, India (yes, Poona).
>Leave Poona Tuesday evening the 11th to Singapore.
>Leave Singapore Friday evening the 14th to Orlando.
>
>So, the question.  Where is SOMEWHERE?

SOMEWHERE = Cambridge (if you wish to stay in the UK), or perhaps Edinburgh

 - or -

SOMEWHERE = Bordeaux (if you wish to go to France for a couple of days), Nice

I loved Bordeaux.  Much of the ambience and beauty of Paris, without the extra
traffic or attitude (or prices, though it's still "France-priced").  Great
"flea markets" this time of year.  Nice is warm, warm, warm, and the socca's
dee-lish.

Cambridge just rocked.  I sat in my first British pub a hundred yards from one
of the great Colleges and soaked in eight hundred years' worth of history just
staring at the walls, watching the fireplace and drinking me "fookin'
Newcastle."  ;-)

Garth

P.S.:  Wish I was going with you, Tom.  There's awesome architecture to
photograph damn near everywhere along the route.  I'd even keep you in beer!