Re: [OM] Digital Back, Again

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Back, Again
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 11:34:44 +0100
Definitely, the purist market will always keep film alive, in my opinion, just as CDs won't ever kill vinyl. Digital, no matter how good it gets, will never be the same as film, and some people will always prefer the style of film photos.

You can never tell, though, railways didn't make the horse and cart obsolete but the motor car did. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Roger

Damon Wood wrote:

Hi all,

digital.......... I wont use it until it completely saturates the photographic market, meaning film use will be incremental as compared to digital use. Dont get me wrong, the logic behind digital is fantastic and one day we WILL be saying....., WOW! The idea of printer, scanner, mac and a fantastic Oly digi SLR sounds great to me :) (though I will shed a tear for the 35mm OM System).

But, my question regards traditional B&W photography. Maybe, the darkroom (and ever improving C-41 process B&W's?) will become something of great importance when electronic imaging is dominating the production and reproduction of images? Maybe not. Maybe it will become something of the purist?

My disease is talking to me again....................., our 3Ti's and 4Ti's will be able to become readministrated with digital accessories. Maybe not. Damn :(

Damo