Re: [OM] Water shots and vacations

Subject: Re: [OM] Water shots and vacations
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 19:16:18 -0700
Since you ask, I'd be taking a small(ish) zoom, a 50/1.4 and Vivitar Macro-Teleconverter.Which zoom, fast and heavier or slow and lighter, would depend on film speed, and expected weather. Weell, probably the Tamron SP 35-105/2.8. Then the 50/1.4 covers low light and the Viv. gives macro with the 50mm and makes the zoom reach to 210/5.6 for reach in a pinch. But I know these aren't the kind of lenses you like, or likely even have, so I didn't say anything. Might take something light and wide like a 21/3.5 (or 24/2.8 for slow/dark) too.

Haven't tried monopod as hiking stick, but I often use a Leki hiking stick with tripod thread on top (under the wooden knob w/compass) and tiny, light up/down mount as a monopod. The Leki is very light and has proper handle, strap and tip. I seem to recall you have a Bogen monopod that probably is a bit heavy and doesn't have the other stuff either.

Moose's $.02, as requested, sir!

AG Schnozz wrote:

No comments about the camera/backpacking kit yet?