Re: [OM] Water shots and vacations (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Water shots and vacations (OT)
From: "tom wagner" <sally30@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 18:28:28 -0400
TOPE #17 Bear Shots...??

On Fri, 17 May 2002 17:49:48 -0400
 "tom wagner" <sally30@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok my bear story...

A friend and I were backpacking in the Great Smokey Mountains, black bear capitol of the lower 48. We were novice hikers at the time and planned to spend the night in the wilderness. Despite every possible warning notice from the forest service to either burn you garbage or suspend it and your food from a tree before calling it a night...we decided...nahhh

Well next morning one of the backpacks was missing from the side of our tent inches away from our thoughtless heads. Upon investigation of the surrounding area we located the missing pack (one with the food supply) shredded into at least 25-30 pieces. Moral of the story give a bear an opportunity to introduce itself to you...it will

BTW, we got some spectacular forest and rushing water shots

On Fri, 17 May 2002 18:46:15 -0300