Re: [OM] Without a lens cap

Subject: Re: [OM] Without a lens cap
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 01:29:17 +0200 (CEST)
Tom,

On Sun, 12 May 2002, tom wagner wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken ...and I may be...the 135mm f2.8 has a
> 55mm filter ring with built-in lens hood. The 135mm f3.5
> has a 49mm ring.

Correct.

> So stuffing a 135 f2.8 into a 135 f3.5
> might be a tight fit...??

I don't have a hard case for my 135/3.5 (anyone with such a case  up
for sale, btw?), but I imagine that it would be very hard, if possible
atall.

> It may work to protect the lens
> , but still you should have a lens cap...55mm caps are a
> little harder to find..

Nahh..generic caps are available pretty much everywhere I've tried. I
believe that John H has originals for sale (at least I've ordered a few
from him recently with some other stuff).

--thomas

> On Sun, 12 May 2002 08:15:42 -0600
>   "Pete Prunskunas" <pyotr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >I had a discussion with an ebay seller.  He told me that
> >he never
> >used a lens cap on the lens, but simply put the lens back
> >into an
> >Olympus hard case.  The lens was a 135mm f2.8 and the
> >case
> >was for a 135mm f3.5.  I suspect the lens would not have
> >fit into
> >the case with the lens cap, as the f2.8 version is a
> >little longer
> >than the f3.5 version.  Am I being paranoid or does this
> >sound
> >like a practice that might lead to a scratched rear
> >element from
> >dust or dirt embedded in the bottom of the case?
> >

> >Pete
> >

> >< This message was delivered via the Olympus Mailing List
> >>
> >< For questions, mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >
> >< Web Page:
> >http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/olympuslist.html >

  Thomas Heide Clausen