Re: [OM] 28mm f2.0, f2.8, & f3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] 28mm f2.0, f2.8, & f3.5
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 12:39:56 -0700 (PDT)
--- Pete Prunskunas <pyotr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> From reading the archives and Gary's lens tests, the
> 28mm f2.0
> appears to be a fantastic lens, really sharp.  But
> the other two
> seem to be neck and neck.  The f2.8 is MC, so that's
> better,
> but according to Gary's tests, the f3.5 might even
> be a little
> sharper than the f2.8 at smaller apertures.  Anyone
> want to
> share an opinion on the f3.5?  If you find a mint
> version, is this
> lens a diamond in the rough, great value for the
> money?
>

> Pete
 I have the f3.5 and it is a good value (two different
auctions on e-bug ended recently at about $50 each,
and I think both included the Oly case). The only
thing I don't like is how dark the screen is especally
at the edges and corners, hard to see the meter
sometimes, the f2.8 or a type 2 screen might help. I
just purchased this lens 2 weeks ago and have only
developed 2 rolls of B&W so far but the results have
been good.     John Robison