Re: [OM] Possible virus warning

Subject: Re: [OM] Possible virus warning
From: "--p.j." <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 22:31:57 -0400
I'm definitely not up-to-date on all the virus definitions, but I received
one the other and infected my computer and the server.  I'm all clean now,
but during my research I learned that the virus looks to the _recipients_
address book and steals an address to use as the _sender_.  The viurs, a
worm, puts a bunch of *.eml files all over your computer.  It also adjusts
the shares by creating a Guest user with Administrator priveledges.  It's a
rather old virus, showed up last Fall (which may have mutated), so there are
many stand-alone solutions to getting it off your computer.

HTH,
--p.j.