Re: [OM] Opening battery compartment without marring

Subject: Re: [OM] Opening battery compartment without marring
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 17:30:12 -0600
At 02:11 PM 5/8/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>on 5/8/02 7:12 AM, C.H.Ling at chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> I have a 1 Yen aluminum coin to serve as the covers opener, it won't scratch
>> the cover.
>>
>> C.H.Ling

Try the following, available at Lee Valley Tools here in Canada:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?SID=&ccurrency=1&page=32215&category=1,43411,43417

I bought a whack of these things several years ago and used to send one gratis
to anybody who wanted me to send 'em old-style mercury cells for their OM-1s.
(No, I don't have any more left, and they're no longer available at the place I
used to score 'em.)  They're quite handy little "pocket screwdrivers."

If the above URL "wraps" across two lines, you'll have to do some fancy
cut-'n-pastin'.

Garth