Re: [OM] Lens hood allowance for filters

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens hood allowance for filters
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:49:04 -0700
 > > When Olympus designed lens hoods for wide angle lenses,
 > did they take filter height into account?  Or will adding a
 > circular polarizer and the Olympus recommended hood
 > cause some vignetting?
 It will be the filters that vignette, not the hood, whatever the lens.

Okay, so here's the follow-up question.  Generally, will adding
a filter, circular polarizer or otherwise, to an Olympus lens cause
vignetting?  One would assume that Olympus designed in some
"clearance" for at least one filter.

Pete

Except for the lenses like the 21/3.5 where a special thin filter is recommended, I think you are OK. Thin filters might be the choice to make though.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?