Re: [OM] 28mm f2.0 versus 28mm f2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 28mm f2.0 versus 28mm f2.8
From: Damon Wood <deewhy_au@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 15:23:45 +1000 (EST)
Hello fellow olyzuikosapiens,

Although I own a SC Zuiko 28 f2.8, id rather own a MC 28 f2 anyday. I have a
slightly sneaking suspicion that this is not quite as sharp as other Zuiko's
from my results. On the contrary, you really need to personally test it through
lots of different lighting conditions, using all apetures and various bodies
(spot - multi metering etc).

Well the MC 28 f2......, more glass, fat front element and typically tending
towards the pro Zuiko line. Of all ive seen, the mystery surrouding a lot of
f2's has been a damaged front element (C.H.Ling for example has had a few
experiences, as too other OM listers). Ive seen two in this case that I WAS
prepared to buy (damn). Plus with wide angles, ive found a large field of view
ocassionaly needs a MC to reduce flare, especially in landscape shots facing
the sun.

All these are just my experiences and opinions.

Chow,

Damo