Re: [OM] You think you've stopped buying Zuikos and..........(Long)

Subject: Re: [OM] You think you've stopped buying Zuikos and..........(Long)
From: "Dave Dougherty" <davdou@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 18:47:58 -0700
Hi Martin,

I have a Ia and a IIIc.  I have the 35 & 80mm lenses for the IIIc as well as
the 80/35 scope.

The Ia is definitely a user, but I have shot a roll with it.  It produces
beautiful, sharp, contrasty photos.  The Ektar formula still holds up in a
50mm lens.

I am going to try out the IIIc this week having just gotten it.

It is interesting to look at the contrast in functionality between the now
50+ year old Ia and even an OM-1.  It requires an auxilary range finder or,
in my case, I "guesstimate" the distance or use Hyperfocal setting.  The
shutter is almost silent and I am sure that with any background noise a
person more than 3 feet away can't hear it.

The OM-1 is more intuitive for me as I have been shooting Olympus SLRs now
for some time.  But it is fun to go back to the days when each step required
forethought when one was doing photography.  Sunny 16 rule is the way to go.
With modern color negative film one can get good results using the
experiences of the past.

Dave Dougherty

Thanks for the encouragement.

Dave Dougherty