Re: [OM] Shoe 4

Subject: Re: [OM] Shoe 4
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 22:54:57 -0400
I'll bet the shoe is supposed to be that way. Removing the angle is likely
to make the shoe swivel on the top cover.  This'll put more stress on the
little screw thread, could break it off more easily.  You probably will not
be able to tighten the shoe enough to keep the shoe from  moving.
Wait......just......1/4........turn.........more.
The shoe is SUPPOSED to be the weak link so in cases of impact, the shoe
will crack or break off, instead of pulling the whole top up.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
New OM & Used, Digital, Pearlcorders, Binoculars
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,
please call 1-800-221-3000