Re: [OM] Re: Sunsets and long-focus lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Sunsets and long-focus lenses
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 23:42:14 -0500
At 23:14 3/30/02, Moose wrote:
Yes, I like the Kiron a lot. The iris is from a series of pictures I took on a walk around the neighborhood. Several others are very nice, too, but the Picture CD scans aren't as good. There's another Kiron 105mm on eBay at the moment. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1341735084&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1017612674&indexURL=0&rd=1 <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1341735084&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1017612674&indexURL=0&rd=1>

Moose

I liked the Iris as well . . . the colors.
Also liked the silver sphere shot.  Almost looks as if you're riding inside it.

The sunset has a lot of fire in it . . . something we don't see that much of around here. Was the sky actually a cyan color that day? People around here complain about "green" in their photographs showing sky. Started seriously looking at it some time ago and noted it really *does* have green most of the time, and it's paler than many believe it is.

The PictureCD's have been a disappointment to me. Tried them about two years ago with color negative films and then went back to having PhotoCD scans done by a pro lab in Indianapolis. I must still post-process the scan to get what the chrome looks like when projected, but the results are much better afterward.

-- John