Re: [OM] Olympus SPn

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus SPn
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 13:00:46 +0800
Recently I bought my third 35SP with BIN of $95, anything like new without
even a bright mark! With a nice metal hood (not original Olympus) and a
Olympus PS100G flash. Both with like new leather case too!

I can say the resolution, color and tone rendering is no poorer than any OM
standard lens I have ever used. So far I have only tried a roll of Fuji
Superia 200 for family shoots but the result was impressive. I have sold
another like new one to a friend at $200, he shown me some of her daughter's
shots and they were simple lovely, very fine details and nice contrast. The
only complain is the weight (600g) and my another friend said it has not so
good flare resistance (possible with this SC lens).

Both 35RD and 35RC's lenses are very sharp too. I have not shoot much with
them so it is hard to make a comparison. The large aperture, light weight
and silent shutter of 35RD is more interesting than the other unfortunately
there are lots of problem with this camera.

C.H.Ling