Re: [OM] Olympus SPn

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus SPn
From: "Dave Dougherty" <davdou@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 20:28:52 -0800
Mark,

I have an SP.  The difference is that the SPn has a battery check light and
maybe some other minor changes, but the optics are the same.

The lens renders very sharp contrasty photos.  The shutter is very quiet and
the camera is a great one for street photography or any place where a quiet
shutter is needed.

While the SP is physically larger than the RD/RC, that its  rudimentary spot
metering function is special and it really works.

The main value of the camera is the quality of the lens.  I have had 11 x 14
prints made by a professional lab of a Ferrari that I shot with it.  The guy
at the lab was blown away when he learned that I had taken the photo with
the SP.

Go out and shoot some photos with it.  You will love the results and I envy
you the possession of an SPn.

Dave Dougherty