Re: [OM] Medium format film scanners

Subject: Re: [OM] Medium format film scanners
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:24:21 -0500
At 12:55 PM 3/27/02 -0500, John A. Lind wrote:

I did a double-take at the price which is accurate (on the Epson site). However, the 2450 is a "flatbed" with a 4"x9" transparency adapter. These typically do not perform nearly as well as a true film scanner. If this one is an exception and does as well as a true film scanner, I'd be very interested!

Hi John,

While the 2450 won't perform quite as well as a dedicated film scanner for scanning medium format, it is getting very good reviews and lots of people are very happy with the results that they get using it. It's reported to do an outstanding job for the money. For example:

http://www.virtualtraveller.org/epson2450.htm

I think the suitability will depend a on a persons needs and how much money they have to toss at it.

Later,
Johnny