Re: [OM] has anyone tried one of these?

Subject: Re: [OM] has anyone tried one of these?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 17:30:23 -0800
These seem to be at many camera shops under various brands. I've been tempted, but don't 'get' the prices. I get interested and then think why not apply the $80 or so toward a newer faltbed with higher resolution than the one I've got and transparency capability built in? It also doesn't deal with the problem that the light in the scanner is still shining up, which could affect contrast and/or cause reflections, esp with mounted slides.

Moose

It might be OK on the thin parts of the film, but all that light being reflected back from the shadows with very little being pushed through....

I think you have the right idea with scanners so cheap now.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?