Re: [OM] TOPE: Landscapes

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE: Landscapes
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 19:32:16 -0800
====Well, try living in a big city (I live in NYC) with no car.  Really
starts
to push the traditional definition of a landscape picture - sweeping expanse
of land and sky.  Can't get much of either here.  I mean does a "cityscape"
(say a picture of the NYC skyline) count?  I guess the bottom line is to
find something and start shooting.  Worry about a category later!

BTW, is it against the rules to submit an old picture to TOPE?  This time of
year makes it tough to find something interesting in this part of the
country (spring is great, fall is fantastic, but just leaving winter?
Forget it!)====

Why not go to Central Park, Madison Square park or Battery park,
depending on where you live and doing an intimate landscape.
I do think cityscape and landscape are 2 different animals.
Wow, intimate landscapes in NYC.  What a series that could make.

Charlie