Re: [OM] RE: Keep eBay Off List (was "Olympus Zuiko 180mm F2 for sale on

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Keep eBay Off List (was "Olympus Zuiko 180mm F2 for sale on Ebay")
From: "Tom Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:57:47 -0500
I think notices of "interesting" ebay auctions, not our own, are
suitable fodder for listing, either to amuse us or tempt us.

Remember, we are enablers, not disenablers.

The reason we shouldn't list our own auctions is to encourage us to
offer the precious items to other list members first. This way the
number of items owned by list members will not decrease.

Tom

On Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 15:50, jowilcox <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "[OM] RE: Keep eBay Off List (was "Olympus Zuiko 1" saying:

> >===== Original Message From Frank van Lindert <Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx> =====
> >As far as I am concerned all postings containing pointers to eBay
> >auctions should be banned from this mailing list - but in particular
> >advertising one own's auctions is just not done.
> >
> >Which does not mean that I don't like eBay: it is just the connection
> >with this mailing list which I dislike. Every list member is capable
> >of browsing eBay him/herself.
>
> I could not agree more.
>
> It seems unfair to point out this and that item being sold on eBay when we
> explicitly hold our members to not pointing out their own auctions. Why
> should
> the OM list help publicize auctions of everyone but its own members?  The
> only
> fair thing seems to be to keep all postings pointing to eBay auction off
> list,
> as Frank suggests.
>
> Joel W.

------- Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur -----------------
   ,__@ Tom A. Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115
 _-\_<, 758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        ICQ:57647974 N45.412 W75.714