[OM] RE: Keep eBay Off List - Not Me !

Subject: [OM] RE: Keep eBay Off List - Not Me !
From: "Rand E. Tomcala" <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:40:20 -0500
  It's seldom that I disagree, even partially with fellow list
"Oldtimer" Frank van L on a subject.  This is just one of those times.
I disagree with the overall banning of eBay listings, the posting of
pointers to one's own listing is merely poor manners and should be
treated as such..
  I see no problem if one list member spots a rarity or a sought after
item and shares this information with other list members.  With this
caviat, As long as is doesn't get out of hand.  As long as the sole
motivation is to promote the Olympus Hobby / Obsession which, after all,
is the the reason for this list's existence.
  This list has survived, while having servers located, at times, on
three continents and at least 5 locations that I remember (I might need
some help with this one).  A major reason for this survival is of course
the wonderfully designed and well thought out Olympus OM System that we
all feel so strongly about.  Another major reason is that even when some
of our members had an opinion that totally excluded something, when all
was said and done, the list continued with it's "Most anything, In
moderation" trend.  That is, until we come face-to-face with this
Zuikohaulic / Olympahaulic thing.  But that's another problem in itself
that transends "Reason and Logic".  Or Is it Reason and Logic" ?
Rand E.