Re: [OM] RE: Keep eBay Off List (was "Olympus Zuiko 180mm F2 for sale o

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Keep eBay Off List (was "Olympus Zuiko 180mm F2 for sale on Ebay")
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:24:57 -0800
Give me a frigging break. While I do not like the self-serving look-at-my-auction posts, but try to say keep the ebay URLs off list is nonsensicle. So it is OK to talk about SUV, Genealogy, Flat Panel or CRT, Arse and Elephant Boots (I just looked at my trash folder for samples of these topics) but not OK to talk about ways to purchase camera equipments?

Are we hypocritical or what?

At 03:50 PM 3/19/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>===== Original Message From Frank van Lindert <Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx> =====
>As far as I am concerned all postings containing pointers to eBay
>auctions should be banned from this mailing list - but in particular
>advertising one own's auctions is just not done.
>
>Which does not mean that I don't like eBay: it is just the connection
>with this mailing list which I dislike. Every list member is capable
>of browsing eBay him/herself.

I could not agree more.

It seems unfair to point out this and that item being sold on eBay when we
explicitly hold our members to not pointing out their own auctions. Why should the OM list help publicize auctions of everyone but its own members? The only fair thing seems to be to keep all postings pointing to eBay auction off list,
as Frank suggests.

Joel W.

// richard http://www.imagecraft.com
[ For technical support, please include all previous replies in your msgs. ]