[OM] What happened to the OM market, and a warning.

Subject: [OM] What happened to the OM market, and a warning.
From: "Ian Manners" <ian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:05:42 +1100 (EDT)
And I just possibly, maybe, got burnt :-(

Bought an Olympus Auto Tubes 7, 14 and 25 set

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1336777820

And I've just received them, the 25 is an AutoTube but the 14 and 7
are stopdown tubes (which I didnt even know Oly made).

Definitely not worth the US$125 I paid for them :-(

I'm talking to the person in question though, as I think it may have
just been a misunderstanding, especially looking at his profile.

On another subject, also bought myself a Canon UC100 Vid Cam
on Yahoo here in Australia, burnt badly, the photo and description
look real good, no indication of damage. I also received that today.
The case has an araldited crack along the bottom, the mic grill is bend
and the plastic surround is broken right through (looks old). The case
above the lens has also been melted by the light, which doesnt work,
and doesnt look like the perfect picture given with the description.
It does work, though I cant get any audio, even using an external
mic.

If I wasnt capable of cleaning in up and repairing it myself, I'd send
it back, which I might still do, I have instead send an email to the place
in Sydney, and await their response before maybe putting something
not so nice on Yahoo. They have also only taken 21 days to get it to
me in Melbourne from Sydney, not very impressed, especially
as I deposited the funds directly into there accound back then, so
I dont have much recourse like with a credit card. If I do return it,
I will do so with a Claims Court Form to let them know I'm serious.

Sigh, oh well, I've got the main things I wanted, a replacement
camera setup, and with all I've spent lately, I think I've still come
out ahead :-)  One of the OM4-Ti's I got is on as new condition,
not even any eyelet or back memo holder wear.

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.com.au/

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= 3639 E3AD 8897 3E9A D68D  C340 8D01 2D80 6117 B593

"I say we nuke the site from Orbit, it's the only way to be sure"