[OM] What happened to the OM market?

Subject: [OM] What happened to the OM market?
From: "Andy Gilbert" <gilbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 19:11:13 -0000
Tom,
I think that all the talk about digital taking over the Photo Industry was
not just taking place on the list. While I was reading all the comments on
the list, I was also thinking about what effect this same kind of talk in
public would be having on the film camera sales end. There, probably, aren't
too many people around who want to invest in a dying proposition.
Dick Allen

Oh dear! Over the past 2 weeks I've bought GBP 450 worth of Zuikos ;).  I
can't see film dying anytime soon, especially not 35mm.  It's still the
surest way of keeping images, and digital has helped that.  I could scan &
print 10" x 8" glass negatives if  I had any.  How certain can we be how
long CD or even DVD will be around?

Andy Gilbert
Exeter
Devon