Re: [OM] What's your favorite OM body?

Subject: Re: [OM] What's your favorite OM body?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:16:23 -0500
At 21:51 3/12/02, Ag Schnozz wrote:

For slide film it has to be the OM-2S. I've bragged this camera
body up and believe that its only real flaw was that it couldn't
compete with the OM-4 in the "profit margin" department.  The
OM-2S would most likely have been updated and gotten titanium
too.  But the margin was too slim on this camera.

In my use, the OM-2S is the "basic" no-frills (in metering) version of the OM-4 with a unique, pleasing shutter sound. Those who need to use a still camera as if it's a cinema camera would also cite its slower fps with motor drive or winder running "continuous." Picked up the 2S as a backup to the 4. Didn't want to spend the money on a 4 or 4T. Since then its simple utility has grown on me. I can pick up either one and operation is essentially the same provided I'm not doing sophisticated metering using the mult-spot, hi-lite/shadow, exposure memory, etc.

-- John