Re: [OM] What's your favorite OM body?

Subject: Re: [OM] What's your favorite OM body?
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:51:14 -0800 (PST)
Personally I like my OM-4t Black the best right now.
My first OM which was mine was an OM-4 (which I still
have) and so I'm used to the ratchety feel of the
advance lever. The 4T is a whole lot more solid in
feel than the 4 IMHO so that's why it beats out the 4
in my mind.

Secondly I am liking and using the OM-1n a lot more as
I go along though. It's by fart the most solid camera
I have in terms of feeling. The only gripe I have
(which may come as a suprise to some of you who have
been in OM a lot longer) is the wind lever. Since I am
used to the ratchetyness of the 4 I find the OM-1n's
ultra smooth winding a bit unsettling, a bit less
tactile than I am used to. That and the fact that in
the beginning I wouldn't wind it enough since it has a
wider arc. My thumb would stop on the spot it usually
did with the 4(t) but that wouldn't go far enough for
the 1n. Still even with only manual the camera is
simpler to operate and there is less to worry about. I
like that a lot.

Mark Lloyd