Re: [OM] To improve, take more photos.. but to improve, take fewer photo

Subject: Re: [OM] To improve, take more photos.. but to improve, take fewer photos?
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 15:27:51 -0600 (CST)
On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:12:17 -0700, Daniel J. Mitchell wrote:

>the ideal situation
>would be to take a lot of well-thought-out shots

We have a winner!

> On that subject, does anyone have tips on how to evaluate the shots that
>worked better/worse? I can certainly tell the photos I like from the ones I
>don't like, but _why_ some are better than others is still a bit of a
>mystery to me beyond the most obvious flaws.

Participating in things like the TOPE exhibits helps, as does reading
critiques of other photographers. Show your work as often as
possible, and spend as much time as possible looking at other
photographers work and critiquing it. The more you flex those
critique muscles, the stronger they'll get.

-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co
http://www.beancotton.com