Re: RE: [OM] Help Me Again!

Subject: Re: RE: [OM] Help Me Again!
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 22:15:45 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Motor Sport Visions Photography" <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Another interesting E-10 limitation I found out the hard way is that the
> auto exposure metering system in the E-10 is just as "un-predictive" as
> the AF. I got spoiled, I guess, from the past 16 or so years of OM OTF
> metering/auto exposure in my OM-2S and OM-4T bodies. Panning nearby cars
> at a very high rate of speed (say like 140mph? think of panning about as
> quickly as your body can rotate--that fast) out of a tree's shadow into
> sunlight the E-10 metered on the shade even though the release point was
> in the sun. Not quick enough. Over exposure city. Lesson learned...meter
> on subject matter and use manual mode on the E-10...an OM-4t it's surely
> not when it comes to auto exposure.
>
> On the bright side I took a tip from our friend C.H. Ling and started
> using the manual focus mode with great success, thank you C.H.!
>
> Mike Veglia
> Motor Sport Visions Photography
> http://www.motorsportvisions.com

You are welcome! a good manual focusing system (including viewfinder and
focusing mechanism) is my first priority in choosing a camera, no matter it
is film or digital. For the exposure I always set -0.3 stop in my E-10, E-10
can provide very acceptable shoots with 1 stop under (of course you have to
do post adjustment in software) but a 0.3 stop over could kill some
important details where you cannot get back in software post adjustment.

C.H.Ling