Re: [OM] Help Me Again!

Subject: Re: [OM] Help Me Again!
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 17:26:31 EST
I did buy a refurbished non- Olympus 35mm camera once about 15 years ago and
it is still working fine, but it was before the days of the all-electronic
wonders.

That said, even though I had a good experience, I usually avoid at all costs
refurbished electronic items. My theory is, a 'good' unit will give you years
and years of reliability, but a 'lemon' that needs repairs under warranty
will nag you forever. I do think the manufacturers do try to do a thorough
job when they repair them, but we all know that electronic problems can be
quite intermittent and some of the problems may not make themselves apparent
when being tested, and may be sent out that way.
Just my opinion and experience...

George S.