Re: [OM] Winder and MD survery

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder and MD survery
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 09:43:16 -0500
At 03:32 PM 2/9/2002 +0800, you wrote:

>After the shock with the Winder 2, I wish to conduct a small survery of Winder
>and MD usage on the list. Perhaps it will give us many insights.
>
>1. Who owns a Winder or MD?
>2. How often is it used?
>3. What is it used for?
>4. Is it stuck on an OM body permanently?

1) winder 2, md1, md2's

2) not very often.

3) I use it with the intervalometer and remote firing.

4) no.

Generally, I like to be as inconspicuous as possible, so it is not used
much. If I'm in an action situation, it is valuable. The weight is also
an issue. The grip 1 has to be removed. I'm more likely to use it with
the bounce grip, and then only if I really don't mind being a bit
intimidating. I'm not a very good in-your-face photographer.

Nursing the NiCd's is also an issue. I just order some replacement
NiCd's from http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi-7.htm that p.j. mentioned back
in aug 01.

Wayne