Re: [OM] Winder and MD survery

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder and MD survery
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 08:29:58 -0600
At 08:12 AM 2/9/2002 -0500, you wrote:
I've got all of the motors, W1, W2, MD1, MD2.  So I've got some experience.
Let me throw down the gauntlet first.... I really have never liked the winders. I find them too noisy and a bit harsh in their shutter release sound. That said, they ARE nice and light.

I can't justify the expense of the MD's since I use a motor for only about 5-100f my shots. When I am in a situation when winding noise is an annoyance, I just wind on manually. I DO enjoy the grip of the winder, whether I am actually using the motor to advance the film or not.

With my N*kon bodies I had only one choice of motor, the MD12, which I believe is more on the scale of the Olympus motors (probably bigger, actually). I appreciate that Olympus has another, smaller option.

Joel W.